Once again, Subaru and Lexus top Kelley Blue Book’s best brands for projected resale value.
The best resale title went to Subaru, while Lexus won the luxury brand award each of the past five years. Lexus had six vehicles winning in their respective categories, while Toyota had five. In total, there are 22 vehicle categories in all with Subaru and Chevrolet both winning three apiece. General Motors led all automakers with four vehicles on KBB’s list of top 10 vehicles with the best resale value: Chevrolet Camaro, Colorado and Canyon as well as the GMC Sierra.
KBB’s Best Resale Value Awards chooses automakers and vehicles that are projected to retain the most value after five years and the publication said an average 2016 vehicle will retain about 34.8 percent of its value after five years.
The vehicle with the highest projected residual value is the Toyota Tacoma, forecast to retain 61.7 percent of its sticker price after five years.
See the full list of the 2016 KBB Best Resale Value award winners by category below.
- Subcompact car: Honda Fit
- Compact car: Subaru Impreza
- Sporty compact car: Subaru WRX
- Midsize car: Subaru Legacy
- Full-size car: Toyota Avalon
- Entry-level luxury car: Lexus RC
- Luxury car: Lexus GS
- High-end luxury car: Porsche Panamera
- Sports car: Chevrolet Camaro LT
- High-performance car: Chevrolet Camaro SS
- Hybrid/alternative energy car: Lexus ES 300h
- Plug-in vehicle: Tesla Model S
- Compact SUV/crossover: Jeep Wrangler
- Midsize SUV/crossover: Toyota 4Runner
- Full-size SUV/crossover: Chevrolet Tahoe
- Luxury compact SUV/crossover: Porsche Macan
- Luxury midsize SUV/crossover: Lexus GX 460
- Luxury full-size SUV/crossover: Lexus LX 570
- Hybrid SUV/crossover: Lexus RX 450h
- Midsize pickup truck: Toyota Tacoma
- Full-size pickup truck: Toyota Tundra
- Minivan/van: Toyota Sienna