Now’s a good time to consider buying a Toyota Prius C
Incentive deal effective till: July 6, 2015
Buyers Recommendation for Toyota Prius C for June. 2015: a solid 4/5 if you finance
The Toyota Prius C is the gateway drug to an eco-conscious driving lifestyle and if you were considering stepping into this wonderful world of above 40 MPG’s and doing your part to save mother nature now may be the time to do so. Toyota is offering quite the incentive package to entice a few buyers and bolster its sales and its actually quite good. With an MSRP already below $20,000 and equipped quite nicely, here’s what you can expect.
- Finance – 0 percent APR for 60 months + $750 cash back.
- Lease – $159 a month for 36 months ($3,049 due at signing)
- Regional Cash back – up to $1,750 depending on where you live.
The 2015 is powered by a 1.5-liter gasoline engine (73 HP and 82 lbs-ft of torque) paired to a 60 HP electric motor which is tied to a .9 kWh battery. The combined power output is 99 HP. The climb to 60 MPH takes 11.5 seconds and if you wait long enough you’ll reach a top speed of 105 MPH.
But you didn’t think about buying the Prius C for the performance, you bought it because it has awesome fuel efficiency, which it does. 53 MPG City/45 MPG Highway/ 50 MPG combined. When Car and Driver flogged a 2012 model around L.A., they achieved well above 50 MPG and many owners report similar results. If you’re looking for a commuter car, this is the very definition of one.
In addition, Toyota has thrown in all sorts of standard features for 2015 that include,
“new standard single LED projector low and high-beam headlights and LED tail and stoplights, and new exterior colors whose names demand almost as much attention as their hues (Electric Lime Metallic, Tangerine Splash Pearl and Sparkling Sea Metallic). Add to that a cabin upgraded with premium materials, and Prius c makes a compelling choice among compact cars, hybrid or not.
The 2015 Prius c updates also include available piano black and chrome interior trim, a simplified grade strategy, an additional two-tone fabric option, and Entune Audio. Additionally, the Prius c Four now comes with a standard power tilt/slide moonroof and integrated backup camera.”
And here are all the additional standard features on every model,
- Color-keyed power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators
- 15-in. steel wheels with redesigned wheel covers and P175/65R15 tires
- Single LED projector low and high-beam headlights and LED tail and stop lights
- Entune Audio – includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle (6.1-in. touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, 4 speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology)
- 3.5-in. TFT Multi-Information Display with outside temperature, clock, fuel economy information, cruising range, odometer, trip distance, EV miles driven, Hybrid System Indicator, ECO Savings, ECO Score, energy monitor
- Fabric-trimmed seats; 4-way adjustable driver’s seat; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel with steering wheel controls
- Remote keyless entry system with illuminated entry
- Shark-fin antenna
Click here to read about full refresh for 2015 yourself.
So now let’s talk money. In the Fresno area at this time of publication here’s what we have.
- Clovis Toyota – exactly one priced at $17,999 and eight others
- Selma Toyota – two available
- Madera Toyota – seven available
- Micheal Toyota Fresno – six available
If you finance for 60 months at 0 percent APR financing with a down payment of $2,000 you can expect a monthly payment of well under $300, that is if you snag a base model without too many options. Toyota may continue those incentives for another month, but nothing is guaranteed.